DUAL ENROLMENT WITH SCHOOLS OTHER THAN BSOD, POLICY
BSOD celebrates the terrific resources, classes and courses available to students in Melbourne. We in no way wish to limit student's experiences, access to other teachers and courses, except in the following circumstances -
* A BSOD student wishes to simultaneously attend a school which is primarily founded by unethically attracting students from BSOD.
* A BSOD student wishes to simultaneously attend a school established by a former BSOD employee within a 7 km radius of BSOD within 18 months of the teacher leaving.
* A BSOD student wishes to simultaneously attend a school established by a former BSOD employee which is in breach of Ausdance Ethical Guidelines. Specifically the section headed 'Use professional standards to attract new students'.
* A BSOD student wishes to simultaneously attend Elevations Dance Studios.
In line with Australian Government Business Guidelines, BSOD reserves the right to refuse service to families who do not abide by the above requirements. We recommend parents and students adhere to this policy to avoid the unpleasant occurrence of a student being asked to leave our school. BSOD accepts no responsibility for any distress caused through non compliance with this policy.
PRE-LOVED DANCE UNIFORM SHOP POLICY
* To sell - place your clean, 2nd hand items in sealable bag. Add your details to the 2nd Hand Uniform Shop inventory form. Label your bag with details: Item number, Name, Description & Price.
* To buy - add your name to the inventory form in the buyer column. Place cash in your item’s sealable bag (or envelope) & deposit in internal-mail slot.
* Note - families who have left the school should either remove their items from sale or email to arrange collection of any money from sales within 6 months. After 6 months any remaining items will be regarded as a donation to the school.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING POLICY
Brunswick School of Dance fosters the celebration student’s achievements. We realise how important photos and recorded footage of your children’s special moments are. We have the following policy to encourage responsible use of images produced:
* Open Week and Cabaret - Photography and filming is permitted. We request that you focus only on your own child and do not publish any footage on the internet (Facebook, Youtube etc) which includes other students.
* Jnr and Snr Concert Performances - Photographing or filming of the Concerts is not permitted. Photographing or filming in the Dressing Rooms is not permitted. Photos with friends in public areas are OK.
* General Weekly Classes - Photographing or filming during classes is only allowed if the teacher and other students/parents give permission. Footage must not be published on the internet (Facebook, Youtube etc).
* Staff at Brunswick School of Dance - Teachers may film and photograph students during classes. Films are useful as a learning tool providing visual feedback to students. Photos are also used in displays at the school or published in the newsletter or on our website. Teachers are not permitted to publish images of students on the internet (Facebook, Youtube etc). Some images may be use on the Brunswick School of Dance website. Please notify the school if you do not wish photos of your child to be used in this way.
* Social Media - BSOD has a professionally run Instagram and Facebook Pages. Photos and short videos of class work and performances are published from time to time. Families may 'opt out' at the time of enrolment or by emailing the school at any time.
* All BSOD teachers have current First Aid certificates.
* Teachers will call for an ambulance if they think it is necessary.
* Parents must list illnesses and allergies on the school’s Enrolment Form or notify the school in writing via email.
* Students must bring any required Epipens/Anapens, Insulin, puffers etc to every class. Younger children are to pass this to the teacher.
* If parents have any serious concerns about their children’s health at dance then they must remain on the premises while their child is dancing.
* Please notify the school via email if a class or classes are to be missed.
* If a number classes are missed then this may effect the student’s involvement in group choreography. They may not be included in the sections taught when they were absent.
* In some cases, private lessons may be required to catch up on work taught in classes they were absent from.
* Students are encouraged to attend their classes, to sit and watch, if they are mildly sick (not contagious) or injured.
* Term fees are to be fully paid within 2 weeks of the start of each term.
* We are unable to refund/credit term fees or part thereof due to absence/change of mind.
* One free trial class is available, if students continue after this then full term fees must be paid.
* A $10 late fee will be applied to fees not paid by the due date.
* The Enrolment Fee is non-refundable.
* If students are away for a full term then fees are not charged, however the student may lose their place in the class if we are able to fill it.
* Costumes payments can be refunded up to the time of ordering (approx. August - September) after which time the full costume must be paid for. Costumes cannot be cancelled once Term 4 has commenced (from 1st October) and must be paid for in full.
* Presentation Class fees can only be refunded if one month's notice is given before the event.